Tuesday, August 5, 2008

Kids say the darndest things!

Today after I came home from work we irresponsibly (irresponsibly because it was so late and because the kids needed jackets that I left at home) went to the playground. Among other things, there is a fairly large cement turtle that Evan climbed on. He kept saying Yee-haw! I said, "Evan, are you riding a turtle? Where's the turtle taking you?" To which he replied, "The turtle isn't real, mom." Oh, ok.

!!Warning, potentially disturbing/offensive/gross/off-color story!! The other night Scott was having Evan play messenger, an informal game in which Scott tells Evan to do or say something and Evan, if he is so inclined, attempts to comply. So first Scott told him to come give me a big hug and say, "I love you," and he did. (So cute!) Then, unbeknownst to me, Scott told Evan to come ask me, "Are you going to do what daddy wants to do tonight?" I will let all of you interpret what Scott meant by that. Evan garbled it pretty good, though, and so I had to ask Scott what he was trying to say. Scott told me he'd told Evan to ask, "Are you going to do what daddy wants to do tonight?" Evan brightened and said, "Yeah! He wants to eat lots and lots of candy!"

And on an unrelated but also very funny note, I came across a totally hilarious blog mocking Mormon culture. I quite literally LOL'd. Several times. Check it out at http://seriouslysoblessed.blogspot.com/. Start with the archived first posts and then go from there. But first, another warning: This blog is to be read only by people who have a high tolerance for satire and irreverant humor. I can definitely see how some might be offended by it....

7 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

Oh my gosh, I love that blog, it makes me laughs!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Cute little Evan!

That is a seriously funny blog.

Katie and Bryson said...

Are you sure Scott didn't want lots and lots of candy? :)

Heather, Rick and Savannah said...

Ok, I am totally laughing right now! You guys are too funny! Don't you just love their innocence at that age?

Tiff said...

What I want to know is, whether or not Maren got a headache that night!

Jared and Delia said...

What a cute boy. I never tire of hearing their view of life.

The Nelsen Family: said...

Update your blog! Slacker. You can't keep doing this once a month thing