Once I noticed this pattern, I decided to observe it more closely. I decided to watch to see whether, at some point, there would be a massive burst of gestation. While recognizing that some members of this "Two's Company" group doubtless planned to become permanent members (and others, sadly, might be being forced into membership by circumstances), I felt certain that many were just resting for a bit before making the next jump. And so I waited. I waited to see who would take the plunge and tell the rest of us that the water was fine and the jump wasn't as far as it seemed. (Or that we should run far, far away from the ledge and wait awhile before approaching it again.)
Well, my friends, very few have yet to jump. But when they're ready to, we'll be there to tell them the water is fine and the fall was fun. Or maybe, come the beginning of September, we'll tell them to run.
*Disclaimer: I hope that anyone reading this blog would know me well enough to know that I do not mean any of this as a judgment about when other people should be having kids or how many they should have, but in case you don't, let me reiterate that point. I have enough trouble figuring out for us when we should have our kids and how many we should have, without trying to decide that for anyone else!
17 comments:
Hahahaha-where does that leave me? I am so far behind I'll never catch up!
Hooray! How exciting! I'm quite sure you'll do fabulously and be telling everyone it's okay.
I know what you mean about not knowing the best way to space your kids, etc., and while I'm certainly not looking to get pregnant right now of course I wonder what we should do. It's so hard for me to separate out what I think from what "people say" or what they would say about my decision. Anyway, that's another discussion, and I'm very happy for your family. :)
Erin -- One word for you: triplets. Get crackin'.
Emily -- It's hard for me to separate that too. I'd be lying if I didn't say I was a bit reluctant to make this announcement to our non-LDS friends and acquaintances here in Boston because I was worried about what they would think. Everyone's been very nice about it, but I bet some of them think we're crazy (but then again, so do I)!
Congrats Maren!!!
Congrats! September is a wonderful time to have a baby. Luke was due on Labor day and came just 2 days later. I can only imagine it would be difficult to tell some about #3. I had two coworkers ask me if I knew about birth control while pregnant with Benjamin. Hello! I was 29 and married, not to mention it was a planned pregnancy! Anyway I am so excited for you and Scott! From your descriptions of Evan & Caleb this baby better be ready for lots of LOVE!
CONGRATULATIONS!! That is so exciting. Remember when we used to talk at the basketball games about being scared to make the decision to have kids? :) We are pros at it now!
so happy for you maren! i had three under 4--spaced 22 and 21 months apart. i got lots of crazy looks in california, but in austin, not as much. it's much more family-friendly here which i like. but the most common comment is still: "My, aren't you BUSY!" having three for me started out fine, but got progressively harder as i had to split myself 3 ways for 3 small, needy children. but of course it's been worth it. but i will say we are on an indefinite hiatus from having children, at the moment!
Congrats! I must admit that it is strange for me to think that not too long ago I was sitting at this very desk reading your blog about the impending arrival of Caleb. Somehow, my life hasn't seemed to progress quite so much. I wonder--Is it not getting married until my late 20's, trying to complete a never-ending PhD, simply fear, or a combination of all three?
I sincerely hope the water is, indeed, fine. :)
Congratulations! That is very exciting. I'm sure you guys will have no problem with 3.
It's been a while since I stopped by--and it looks like I came at a good time! Congratulations! We are also jumping into the "three's a crowd" boat around the same time you are. It is funny to think that 3 is a large family to some people. I hope all goes smoothly for you with the pregnancy and transition to 3.
Hooray! I am betting on a girl. Mostly so that Kaitlyn can have a little buddy her age. And hearing that you are so overly exhausted is my other clue. That's how I was with Kaitlyn, so it's going to be a girl, yeah!
Just when I thought you and Scott were the busiest people I knew... then you throw a third baby in the mix : )
It sounds like a tons of sleepless nights, mixed with toddler meltdowns and Evan showing you what a big boy he really is : )
I am so happy for you! It seems you are filling your life with of the good stuff!
congratulations! For us four kids has been a nice time to take a break. Of course, some of ours come in packs of two. So, you never can tell what's coming!
Hi Maren - It's Maria of GardenMoms. Found your blog via a bunch of different links. Congratulations! And the water is lovely, I promise. I never thought of myself as very maternal, and definitely never envisioned myself with a houseful of kids. But after the glory of my 3rd (and I'm only 8weeks post-partum, so probably not very sane)I'm thinking I could do just *one* more.
Congratulations!!!!
I can't wait to have three...just in a little while maybe. ;)
Congrats Maren and Scott!! You jumped before me. I'm still dipping my toe in-can't I send it back ? ;) You'll have to tell me everything you learn in the month you have with your 3 before I give birth to mine. Good Luck!
Post a Comment