Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Cakes

I don't feel like working. I'm tired but it's not quite late enough to go to bed. So I am blogging instead. And probably not about anything any of you care to read. Over the last few years I've gotten into baking, and more recently cake baking and somewhat sporadic attempts at cake decorating. I'm really excited because I have a very sweet husband who got me private cake decorating lessons for Christmas. Now that Scott is done with Quals I should actually have time to take the class. So here are my before pictures of cakes I've made recently, and then after my class I'll post pictures of what my cakes look like after.

Baby shower cake.


Scott's birthday cake (yummier than it looks).


Caleb's birthday cake (this is what happens when the buttercream frosting under the fondant is too soft)


Caleb's birthday cake again.


Another baby shower cake.

7 comments:

Erin said...

MAREN! Those are AWESOME. I love the caterpiller cake...love it.

Morgan Hagey said...

You are so good! Did you SEE Henry's birthday cake?

Why did you go to law school again?

Can't wait to hear what you learn in your class.

Lindsey said...

Those cakes are amazing! Good job!

Dave or Liz said...

Wow! It appears you already know what you are doing!!

I wish I had a yummy and entertaining hobby : )

Emily said...

ALL of your cakes look super good and yummy.

(*Sorry, I am a blog stalker...especially when I am bored at work. How are you guys doing?)

The Nelsen Family: said...

So cute! I love them all, but especially Caleb's birthday cake...cute little caterpillar! I am about to go embark on my first fondant adventure...wish me luck!

McEuens said...

Thanks everybody.
And hi, Emily. Happy to have you visit our little blog! I'm actually quite the blog stalker myself.