Scott passed Quals! He is now an official MIT PhD student. This means they will not be unceremoniously kicking him out to go find a job in the worst job market in my adult life, nor will he have to spend another month basically living at school studying to take the test again in May. So now we're really hoping Scott can be graduating with his PhD in the summer of 2011. That's the goal. We'll see what happens.
In other news, we also recently hired a new nanny (long story) and the kids are getting so big. Caleb has been walking full-time for awhile now and is talking and signing some. Evan potty trained himself a couple of weeks ago, almost out of nowhere, and is now in underwear except at night. He still makes us laugh quite a bit as well. A few weeks ago he wanted me to get him breakfast, and I was trying to finish something first, so he said, "Mommy, I'm going to count to three and if you don't get me breakfast you're going to have to go to time out." I just laughed and laughed.
And finally, here are a bunch of pictures from the last couple of months.

In front of our little tree. Evan w/the best train track I've ever built.
In front of our little tree. Evan w/the best train track I've ever built.
Evan was the only kid not scared of Santa and the first to climb onto his lap. He told Santa he wanted two airplanes.
Caleb with Santa. Not such a fan.
At the end of a long day at Disneyland.
Evan on Christmas morning with his two airplanes.
Caleb on Christmas morning.
Caleb riding a scooter (with Grandma's help).
All my boys playing in the snow. (Yes, Scott is wearing shorts. No, I cannot explain.)
Caleb in the snow. (He lasted about five minutes.)
Evan in the snow. (He lasted considerably longer.)
And from just a few days ago, Evan at the Children's Museum playing with the boats.
Caleb at the Children's Museum looking so grown-up.
6 comments:
What a blessing! Scott passed (told ya!), Evan using the potty with no stress, and Caleb being adorable and BIG! Next step: VISIT LAS VEGAS! Write that down. :)
I hope all things are going well with you too.
P.S. The train track is fabulous, really.
Congrats to Scott! I am very impressed with the train track; seriously you're the best mom ever! Since you are coming to Vegas (as per Morgan's demand) it's only like 4 hours to Phoenix (the way you and Scott drive; 3 max!) Come visit..I really need to call you...
I would so love to come visit both of you! (Except not Morgan, since she ditched me last time we were supposed to get together. ;) But please don't tempt me right now, when it's cold and blizzardy outside and Vegas and Phoenix both sound lovely, but I have no vacation days right now and need to save the ones I'm going to get! Sigh. If only I were independently wealthy and owned my own jet....
And yes, Erin, please do call! It has been way too long.
Congrats to Scott! I know how stressful Quals can be, and it feels so great to have them over. Good luck with that 2011 goal. You will probably make it just fine but right now I feel like grad school is a bottomless pit. I guess that's what being a jaded 5th year with no end in sight can do...
Congratulations!
I have to agree, that is the best looking train track ever! The fact that Scott is wearing shorts in the snow cracks me up and your comment about it made me laugh because it really is just such a Scott thing.
Post a Comment