Friday, April 25, 2008

The Tenth Commandment

I've seen you over there in our neighbor's driveway, hanging out and enjoying the sunshine. And yeah, I've noticed how tall, dark, and handsome you are. Maybe I let my glance linger a little longer than I should have, but who can blame me? Have you seen who I'm with? I mean, he's nice and everything but he's just not capable of meeting my needs. There was a time when he was all I needed, but in the past five years of our life together I've done a lot of growing and he just...hasn't. He's still exactly the same as when we first got together. We've had a good run, but I think it's time for me to move on. And you, dear Honda Odyssey, are exactly what I want to move on to. It's you who has room for two carseats, a stroller, and a load of groceries! It's you who has automatic sliding doors and remote keyless entry! It's you with your 13 cup holders, magic third row seat, and dvd player option! It's you I must have! I love my Chevy Prizm, but he just can't give me what I need anymore. It might take a few more months, Honda Odyssey, but we will be together soon.



10 comments:

Anonymous said...

A minivan, I can't believe it. Let it be known that the day you decide to purchase a minivan there will be some definite mocking and teasing on our behalf.

McEuens said...

From an environmental, economical, and convenience perspective, a minivan is clearly the best, most practical choice if you're going to have more than 2 children. What can I say? I'm a pragmatist.

Jenny Timmerman said...

I can relate to this completely! Two car seats take up the entire car!

jes said...

i hear your lust, my friend. who cares if they label you... the doors open by themselves!!

Erin said...

Maren has returned! It is a miracle!
By the way-I am so sorry about your house. I am thinking happy thoughts in the direction of Boston!

Lindsey said...

That is funny. If you like minivans, why not?!?! It's always nice just to have a new car no matter what it is!

Kathleen said...

you are so funny. i definately understand wanting 13 cup holders. i am looking for more and i have four cup holders and only one child. for now i am just glad to be able to buy a carseat with cup holders as an option...especially with another baby on the way.
kathleen

Morgan Hagey said...

We are anxiously awaiting our economic stimulus package and then, the minivan will be ours.

Remember before we had kids and a minivan was like a bad word???

BRING IT ON! I revel in the mini-ness and the van-ness. BRING IT ON!

Erin said...

KATHLEEN JUMP! Are you really having another baby? Congrats!
-Erin
Maren: Sorry for hijacking your blog comments to talk to Kathleen. :-) Also, I like minivans. They say, "I am not just a mom-I am a COOL mom with more cupholders than you!" I say go for it. The more the better.

Jared and Delia said...

Yay for minivans! Jared is fighting the urge to get one. He'll come around, I know it.

Let me know how you like it!