Sunday, February 3, 2008

Tagged

I've been tagged by my darling sister Kara, so here goes:

10 years ago... Ten years ago I was about to turn 18 and was finishing my senior year of high school. (Yes, I am that old.) I was between friend groups that year (it's a long story) and so it wasn't my best year. Right around this time of year then I was sending in my college applications, working hard in my four AP classes, and wishing my high school didn't have a practical arts requirement so that I could have 6th period off-roll.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today...Well, seeing as how it's Sunday and late, I will give my list for tomorrow. 1. Call the doctor about Evan's digestive issue. (I'll spare you the details.) 2. Laundry. 3. Dishes. 4. Send some work-related emails. 5. Play with my kids.

5 Snacks I Enjoy...1. Home-baked goods of all varieities (cookies, brownies, cake, etc.). 2. Ice cream. 3. French fries. 4. Cheesecake Factory's Brownie Sundae Cheesecake. 5. Stacy's Pita Chips.

5 Places I Have Lived... 1. Provo, Utah (twice). 2. San Diego, CA (Mira Mesa, Penasquitos, Poway). 3. Madrid, Spain. 4. Mexico City, Mexico. 5. Boston, MA

5 Jobs I've Had... 1. Mom 2. Lawyer 3. Research Assistant 4. Teaching Assistant 5. childcare provider

5 Things People Don't Know About Me...These are really random. 1. When I was a freshman/sophomore in high school, I kind of wanted to be an actress and actually tried out for a school play. I was not (and am not) good. 2. I can't stand the feel of paper towels and certain types of fabrics unless my skin is really well moisturized. It's like fingernails on a chalkboard. 3. I was just the guest host for Jessie's book club and wrote an a review (of sorts) of Chaim Potok's My Name Is Asher Lev that is posted on her blog. 4. If I had it all to do over again, I might decide to become a midwife rather than go to law school. 5. When I was in highschool, I went on a date (of sorts) with a firefighter who one of my friends had just met randomly somewhere.

Now I tag: Jessie (though I think her blog may be a bit above this sort of thing...), Michelle (post on Facebook or in Comments), and Kathleen (for when she starts her blog).

5 comments:

The Nelsen Family: said...

Yay! See, isn't that fun. ;) Or maybe it's more fun for the people who get to read it, I don't know.
So why is it I have absolutely NO recollection of you trying out for the school play?? Haha! That's hilarious. I do remember the firefighter date though...ahhh, the memories.

jes said...

i always did put on airs.

but, to humor you, and all those who read your blog and likely don't care a snit about me or what i do, i'll take care of this little tag right here, right now.

10 years ago... Ten years ago I was 18 (are you sure you weren't about turn 18 maren?). i was lazing around: only took four classes, came home to chat with my mom over my two hour lunch, went back to school for my favorite class--cooking foreign and gourmet foods, and spent all night at school editing the yearbook.

5 Things on my To-Do List Today...i really hate to-do lists. they make me feel like i'm not accomplishing much. i prefer to write a list of things that i've already done. so, for today, i showered, ate breakfast, fed henry, got dressed, got the baby dressed, and looked at the mobile home listings in logandale, nevada.

5 Snacks I Enjoy...semi-sweet chocolate chips, popcorn, dried peaches, triple cream cheese on a baguette, keffir

5 Places I Have Lived... my mom and dad's place in a cozy denver suburb, a shoebox dorm room in provo with a girl named tina who borrowed my towel, a basement condo with an oven that once necessitated a giant hole in the wall, a basement apartment in russia with rats running above my head, a freezing studio on freedom boulevard complete with a taco bed and plaid couch, a cleveland house built in 1910 with 15 foot ceilings

5 Jobs I've Had... stamping hands at the local pool (read le miserables that summer), administrative assistant for the contractor in charge of upgrading all AT&T technical equipment for Y2K (met karl that summer), writing tutor, writing fellow, composition instructor, technical writing instructor, and back to writing tutor

5 Things People Don't Know About Me...[i'm not sure there's anything you don't know about me...]

i wanted to be in all-state choir more than anything in the world: i practiced for hours and hours each day and listened to positive subliminal messages and took lessons and when i went to my audition i completely choked on the diatonic scale and swallowed my song and left in tears.

i was an anal-retentive straight A student even in elementary school--i stayed after school every day with the gym teacher to practice softball--he told me he would give me an A if i could hit the ball five times in a row. [if you haven't guessed, i cannot play any sort of organized sport or do a cartwheel.] i got a B.

i have killed five house plants this winter.

shopping at target is pretty much my favorite activity.

sometimes i watch HGTV for henry's entire afternoon nap.

McEuens said...

Ok, so maybe I can subtract and just forgot what year it is. Did I mention that Caleb has gone from waking up once a night to eat to several times? That's my excuse and I'm sticking to it.

Morgan Hagey said...

When will Kathleen have a blog? I want to read it! And I knew all your five. Either I know you too well, or you're not thinking hard enough. ;) ;)

And I read your review of Asher Lev and am now going to use it for my book club. *Yes, I am in a book club*

Unknown said...

Thanks for helping me laugh my face off. We have been there, done that. And yeah, it WAS worth it.