Evan has apparently learned the slang meaning of the word awesome. All day Sunday he kept saying, "It's awesome, mommy!" Then yesterday he kept showing me the "awesome" trains he had built. It's really very funny.
Also, yesterday Evan took his bus and some of his cars to his room and closed the door. Then he came back to the family room and informed me, "I put bus in time out, Mommy. I put cars in time out." It was hillarious! You'd think we put him in time out all the time, but really it's not even a daily occurrence. Of course that's not the only language/behavior Evan has started to parrot lately. He's started to end a lot of his sentences with "okay," as in "You stay here, okay?" and such. This morning when I was putting Caleb down for his nap, Evan kept yelling from the kitchen, "Mommy, come back here right now!" Yeah, I wonder where he got that one... One of my less favorite new sayings is "Gimme [insert type of food or toy]!" For a couple of days I corrected him ("We say, can I have that please") and wondered where he learned such a bratty way of asking for things. Then I heard myself say, "Evan, give me that [insert forbidden item]!" and no longer had to wonder.
3 comments:
Haha, that's hilarious! How CUTE!
Well, at least your toddler didn't tell you to shut up.
Yes... (Hides head in shame). I say it ALL THE TIME in joking to Derek.
Yes... Henry said it to me. But he was not joking.
I almost cried.
I cannot believe how big Evan is getting! Wow!
I wish I had good freezer meal recipes - sorry. Do you have a Papa Murphy's or is that a Utah thing?
Post a Comment