Aren't they cute? For those of you realizing that I said 3 valentines and noting my dear hubby's conspicuous absence from the above photo, no need to worry about marital discord in the McEuen household. Scott is not -- and never has been -- a believer in V-Day, so it's not something we celebrate as a couple.
So instead, I spent my Valentine's Day making cupcakes for Evan's preschool class. Fresh strawberry cake with whipped cream cream cheese frosting, one of the best frostings ever. I may, or may not, have licked the frosting bag clean when I was done frosting them.
The hearts are fondant and I piped in the names of each of the kids and teachers in Evan's class. (Clearly I need to work on my piping skills.)
Fortunately, there were enough cupcakes left for each of the boys to have one after dinner as well. Evan and Caleb decorated theirs with these little heart-shaped flags that came with the cupcake cups. They were much more impressed with the beauty of their flag-draped cupcakes than they were with my fondant attempts.
Evan and Caleb (what am I going to do with his hair?!) being very proud of their design.
And clearly enjoying the end product.
Unfortunately, I did not get a picture of the Ash-Man enjoying his 1/2 a cupcake (which he kept referring to as a cookie -- what does it say about my parenting skills that he can only say about 10 words, but cookie is one of them?).
4 comments:
It's a miracle! CUTE pictures, love those boys. The cupcakes look great! And I agree, that frosting is divine (what did you think of the cake? I do wish it was a little more strawberryish, but I'm afraid to mess with it and make it more dense). Anyway, I also love that Asher can say cookie...I think it makes you a good mom. ;)
Those boys are so ADORABLE! And the cupcakes are darling. REALLY cute. I made nothing of the sort. :) Way to go on the blog post.
And I never would have thought the upturned purple duck was poop. Just sayin'
silly. i know that poop doesn't float in the bathtub. (p.s. - all three valentines are adorable.)
Cute photos! Also, Adam and I don't really celebrate Valentine's either. It's not that he wouldn't, it's just that it never really mattered much to me. Other things matter to me (birthdays, anniversaries, etc). But for some reason I don't really care about Valentine's Day.
Post a Comment