After only 4 1/2 weeks, we are thrilled to announce the arrival of Asher Alfred McEuen (Alfred after my both my grandfathers) on September 9, 2009 at 8:01am. (He was due a week-and-a-half before that, but we think he just wanted to wait for a cool birth date -- 9/9/9!) He weighed in at 8lbs, 7oz and was 21" long.

I've been meaning to write this post for the last 4 1/2 weeks, but I wanted to include the birth story with it (since I'm sure all of you are dying to read it), but I've come to the conclusion that if I wait for the birth story to be written, I might not get this post up until Asher is six months old. So for now, long story short, I was pretty convinced that Asher was never going to be born and I was going to be pregnant forever. He was later than both my other two had been. On Tuesday September 8th I went in for a non-stress test since Asher was more than a week past his EDD (estimated due date). Everything looked great, though, and I asked the midwife to strip my membranes to see it that would jump start labor. It did, almost immediately. After about thirteen hours of labor (definitely my most difficult so far) Asher was born in water. I was the first one to touch him. It was awesome! And the water was amazing.
Asher's healthy and (mostly) happy. He sleeps pretty well and is starting to smile now, which is so fun to see.
His big brothers have been wonderful with him and show lots of love and concern
for him.


I'm doing well also. This is the easiest recovery I've had, though adjusting to three is difficult at times. Still, we wouldn't change it!
11 comments:
Is it weird to post on your blog when I'm on the phone with you? ;) He's a cutie for sure! Three boys. Wow. Well, I know how you feel. :)
Beautiful baby! Congrats!
Those pics are just so adorable! Someday, I hope you get around to posting the whole birth story. :-)
Hooray for more pictures!! I LOVE the second one of Asher, oh my goodness. So cute. I can't wait to meet him.
Yay! Congrats! He is beautiful!
Congrats Maren! He is precious. I love all the pics. I can't believe your long labors. You are one tough cookie. Let me know how the transition to 3 is. :)
Congrats! What a cute little boy! I love the name Asher, so CUTE! I am so happy for you : )
I'm with Kara... I LOVE that second picture! And, of course, I love the ones with his brothers. Too cute.
Thanksgiving is too far away!
Congratulations, Maren! Your boys are all so cute.
Congrats!! I'm so glad you posted Asher's picture, I've been anxious to hear about #3. Your boys are sure growing up fast. I'm sure it wasn't fun to go over, but I can understand him holding out for his birthdate. That's awesome!!
Congrats guys! What a fun birthday to have! he is a cutie. I hear ya on the adjusting to 3 thing. There just are not enough hours in the day! good luck and again, congrats!
Post a Comment