Friday, April 17, 2009

Bringing Balance to the Force

As many of you know, I grew up in a family of all girls. My mom is from a family of all girls and, well, my dad is the only male in a family otherwise made up of girls. That's 10 girls to 1 boy in the last two generations. Until along came Evan and, shortly thereafter, Andrew. Score: 10 girls, 3 boys in 3 generations. Next came Caleb and Grant. Score: 10 girls, 5 boys. Scott says we're restoring balance to the force.

We had an ultra-sound on Wednesday and had the opportunity to find out the gender of the next player of Mangum gender roulette. Scott had been thinking girl, while I was doing my best not to think about it at all, since whatever I guess inevitably turns out to be wrong. We (or really, just I) had thought about not finding out the gender this time, but in the end we decided to go ahead and ask the doctor to tell us. Score: 10 girls, 6 boys. We are, of course, very excited. But as we were leaving the ultra-sound I also told Scott that the likelihood of us having four kids just increased significantly.

Evan is very excited. He asks every night to feel the baby. Here he is with his BFF Colby in the most adorable picture ever! (Courtesy of Julie, since the last time I uploaded photos to my computer was after Christmas.)


Caleb is confused and can't figure out why I keep pointing to my tummy and saying something about a baby, especially when he lifts my shirt up but doesn't see any baby. Now he sometimes points to his tummy and says baby. Here's a fairly recent picture of him as well, again courtesy of Julie.

12 comments:

Morgan Hagey said...

I know you think it's all my fault. But I'm thrilled for you. :) Congrats! Three boys. How cool are we?

Stefani Bellows said...

How funny...the whole balance to the force thing. Congrats on 3 boys! Just think of all those special missionary spirits coming to your home! I'm spoiled with 1 of each...I guess the chance of us having a 3rd just dropped dramatically! :)

Kathleen said...

Congratulations on the baby boy news! Evan and Caleb are so cute!

Erin said...

For the love. Now I have to have triplet BOYS!? Well, if they are as cute as your boys, I guess I'll take them. And, I think you and Morgan have some sort of strange, psychic womb connection and that wierds me out. Just saying. :-) Congratulations!

Jared and Delia said...

Three boys! How fun! Congrats.

Julie Miller said...

Congratulations! They will have so much fun together, all those boys! I'm glad you got the pictures. I love them!

Tiff said...

Congrats on the baby boy!

Dave or Liz said...

I am thrilled for you : )
The McEuen family tree ( grankids) is loaded with boys 7 to 3!
I love the new pictures of the boys! I can't believe how much they're changing : )

Katie and Bryson said...

Congrats on making the jump first to No. 3. Wow. I don't know how you keep up with everything! Yay for new baby :)

Unknown said...

Hey Maren! I am so glad to see things are going well in Boston! I saw your blog while I was reading lauren's. I noticed you are in Boston - My older sister and her family live in Waltham, MA and her husband works at MIT -- what a small world! Congrats on your third addition to the family! I hope you are doing well!!

Harmony :)

Sarah said...

Maren,
It has been awhile since I have checked your blog--kind of dropped out of the blogging world for a while. Congratulations! 3 boys should keep you hopping. :) Your boys are so cute...thanks for updating your blog once in a while.

the Bunker Family said...

Hello McEuens!

Looks like you might be taking a little blogging hiatus but I just checked out your blog and wanted to say congrats! We're in SD now and it's hard not to think of you as we go to our movies in Poway's UltraStar theater. If you ever come and visit your parents, let me know and we can meet up. We'd love to see how your family is growing.

Take care and good luck with all that testosterone!