CNN -- SUVs plunge toward Engangered list:
"If gas prices stay where they are at or continue to rise, the body-on frame SUV is an endangered species and the pickup truck as a personal car is an endangered species," Brown says.
How do owners react when they're told their once-$40,000-plus vehicles are now worth less than half that?
'When they find out what you think their truck is worth, they think you're trying to rip them off or something,' says Fernandez. 'Small cars are gone within a week; SUVs are sitting here since last summer.'"
http://www.cnn.com/2008/LIVING/wayoflife/05/23/dumping.suvs/index.html
This is why SUVs are not an option we're willing to consider. Excluding SUVs, to comfortably fit three carseats, we would need a full-size sedan or a minivan. I choose the minivan, which allows for more cargo space and makes it possible to transport more people than just three kids. Plus, if we have more than three kids (which we probably will), we'd have to buy a minivan or SUV anyway. And as previously stated, SUVs are not an option.
So there! (Or perhaps I doth protest too much?)
7 comments:
I'm with you! I'm not wasting my money like that. Who would've thought I'd be looking forward to a minivan?
Um, Maren? Have I missed something? You're talking about THREE carseats... is something in the works? ;)
Okay, okay, for safety yes Evan should be in a carseat or booster for the next few years anyhow, I get it. But it's funnier to imagine #3 is coming!
number 3? is there something we should know?
I just want ask the same question that emily and erin just asked!
I just bought mine. I love it. I'm not going to lie. Minivans rock.
Yes, number 3 is in the works and set to arrive in about 2 1/2 years. ;)
Hahaha. I also find it slightly amusing that you feel like you have to explain your minivan choice. I am a fan of the minivan. I totally support all purchases of minivans. Mostly because that means people I know and love are having lots of adorable children for me to play with. :-)
Post a Comment