So....It has been way too long since I posted anything. I am a bad blogger. Sorry. It has, however, been fun to hear from so many of you, especially those of you we haven't heard from in a while! I also appreciate all the recipe recommendations. I am hoping we'll get it together enough to try some of them soon.
I started back at work this week. It's been going pretty well. Things are somewhat slow in the litigation department, so I spent the first two days with absolutely nothing to do. Now I do have some work but am not super-busy, which is nice. Evan and Caleb have been doing really well with Julie. Evan is thrilled to get to go play at Colby's house so often and Caleb has even started taking long naps there. It's so nice to have such a wonderful childcare situation.
Caleb has started sitting up on his own for very short periods, mostly when he doesn't rally realize he's doing it. If I try to make him do it in a more obvious way, he won't. He continues to be very smiley and to laugh a lot, especially at Evan. All the women at church are enchanted with him because he flirts with them so much. He spends short periods of time in his Exersaucer these days, but also still loves his floor gym and his mobile. (He will happily watch and talk to his mobile for as long as 30 minutes!) He's just a great baby, though his nighttime sleeping still leave something to be desired. Still, it's not horrible, and any deficiencies there he makes up for by being so happy during the day.
Evan continues to be as busy and entertaining as ever. I have a really entertaining video clip of him I'm going to post soon. Of course, funny stories of Evan abound, but I will only take up your time with two of them. Evan has taken to pretending to talk on the phone a lot lately (of course, sometimes the "phone" is the underarm thermometer), and the other day when I asked him who he was talking to, I heard him say, "Hi, Clifford!" (He's an enthusiastic viewer of Clifford, The Big Red Dog on PBS.) And last week Michelle sent Evan a beautiful train she had embroidered (is it embroidery, Michelle?) with his name on it. It arrived in a big cardboard box, and when I told Evan that Aunt Michelle had sent him a present, he was very excited. I asked him what he thought was inside and he said, "Um....it's meatloaf!" (We were having meatloaf for dinner.) Me: "It's meatloaf?!" Evan: "No!" Me: "Then what do you think is inside?" Evan: "It's a train!" He was very distressed, though, when we opened the box and discovered that the bubble-wrapped package inside was not the right size or shape for a train. While I removed the bubble wrap (no easy feat), he kept pulling the packing paper out of the back and saying, "Where's the train?" He was much happier, though, once he saw that he had received a picture of a train, said, "I want it" and proceeded to walk around the house with it for awhile.
Well, that's enough from me for now. I will endeavor to post more often, and will definitely try to post some pictures in the next couple of days. (I hope people are still checking for new posts....)
5 comments:
Finally! I've been checking for new posts and have been disappointed for so long. :)
Your boys are so cute, I hope I get to see them soon(ish).
Well. It's about time! I miss seeing pictures of you and the boys. I am glad to hear that going back to work hasn't been awful!
Thank goodness. I was surprised you didn't blog during your days of no work. Welcome back.
And yay for Caleb napping. I'm SO GLAD!
Yeah, it's actually cross-stitched. I don't even know what embroidery is! (haha) And I still love that story!
okay, and I have no idea why this says "Jason..." This is Michelle! Ohh, it's because he was the last one to sign on to gmail...?
Post a Comment