Thursday, January 31, 2008

Kissing and other things

The other night Scott gave me a big kiss and Evan kept asking, "Mommy what you doing?" I told him I was kissing daddy and then he wanted me to come over and give him a kiss.

Yesterday and today I watched Evan's best friend Colby for a few hours. He and Evan are so funny together! They play with trains, hit each other with trains, and laugh at jokes only they can understand. Kudos to Colby's mom, Julie, who will be watching Colby, Evan, and Caleb when I go back to work. It's no small job.

And last night we had the missionaries over for dinner. I had dinner made -- complete with juice, salad, veggies, and homemade rolls (excellent new recipe, thanks julie!) -- and on the table, dessert in the oven, dishes from making dinner washing in the diswasher, and the table set before they arrived, all while keeping Evan and Caleb relatively happy. I think maybe I can handle this 2 kids thing.

Still no pictures to post, but the pictures from my laptop have been saved, thanks to the IT guys at MIT.

8 comments:

Kathleen said...

We have been teaching Luke to give kisses. After Steve kisses me goodnight, Luke will come over and give me a kiss. So cute! Caleb is so cute. I love the little picture of him at the hockey game. I think you should share the recipe for homemade rolls. I'm always looking for a better one, or easier one that still tastes great.

Erin said...

Sounds like you are super mom. I have a hard time getting dinner together for just Isaac and I. Often I am so lazy that we order pizza, or go to Subway, or Wendys, or IHOP...which might explain why I have gained 10 pounds that won't go away! :-)

The Nelsen Family: said...

If you have a good roll recipe, you must share! And it does sound like you were super moming it.
I'm soooo glad they were able to save your pictures!

Unknown said...

Rah, rah MIT! Of course, if you are going to need technological assistance, it does help to have access to the top technological institution in the world! I would have called Circuit City.

Unknown said...

When you were telling the kissing story and then started talking about Evan and Colby playing, I thought you were going to continue the kissing story and say that Evan tried to kiss Colby! I love the story and the photo of Caleb. We can't wait too see you in 2 weeks. BTW -- we want the roll recipe too! Love, Mom

Unknown said...

Yes, I know I have a typo in the comment above. I meant wait "to" see you not wait "too" see you!

Morgan Hagey said...

I thought the same thing. That Evan was kissing Colby...

And, did you get dinner on the table WHILST talking to me?? I'm so impressed. Seriously. Good for you!

The Nelsen Family: said...

Hey, you've been tagged, where's your post? Like I wasn't going to tag you! I only know 5 people who have blogs! :)